Feeling overwhelmed? Let’s call upon the Word of God to help. Here’s what the Bible says about feeling overwhelmed. We’ve included five verses from the New Testament and 4 from the Old Testament.
5 New Testament Verses About Feeling Overwhelmed
The following verses are from the KJV. This is what the New Testament says about feeling overwhelmed:
- 2 Timothy 1:7 – For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.
- Philippians 4:6 – Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
- 2 Corinthians 1:9-11– But we had the sentence of death in ourselves, that we should not trust in ourselves, but in God which raiseth the dead: Who delivered us from so great a death, and doth deliver: in whom we trust that he will yet deliver us; Ye also helping together by prayer for us, that for the gift bestowed upon us by the means of many persons thanks may be given by many on our behalf.
- Matthew 26:39 – He went a little farther and fell on His face, and prayed, saying, “O My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from Me; nevertheless, not as I will, but as You will.”
- Romans 8:28 – And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
4 Old Testament Verses About Feeling Overwhelmed
What does the Old Testament say about feeling overwhelmed? Here are 10 verses from the KJV:
- Psalm 118:5 – I called on the LORD in distress; The LORD answered me and set me in a broad place.
- Isaiah 40:31 – But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
- Isaiah 43:1-2 – But now thus saith the LORD that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine. When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.
- Psalm 46:1 – God is our refuge and strength, A very present help in trouble.
Now you know what the Bible says about feeling overwhelmed.
Is there a verse we missed? Let us know!